Monday, September 19, 2011 - , , , , 0 comments

On the Spotlight:Cherie Burbach


Cherie Burbach specializes in relationships and helping people to connect. She is the About.com Guide to Friendship and has penned eleven books and ebooks, including Internet Dating Is Not Like Ordering a Pizza and 21 Ways to Promote Your Book on Twitter. She has published over 500 articles on the subjects of health, sports, and lifestyle. For more info, visit her website, CherieBurbach.com.

How did you develop a passion for writing?

My mom says I’ve been writing since I could hold a pencil, and I think that’s true. My desire to write was always present and God given, since the time I was a kid.

Where do you find writing ideas?

Everywhere! I’m one of those people who is always scribbling in a notebook, in addition to pounding away at the keyboard.

What’s helped most in honing your writing craft?

Actively writing every day and reading.

Who inspires you?

I get inspired by so many people.
Jesus is my biggest inspiration.
His word, his actions… they have deep meaning for me. I enjoy reading about people, how they overcome the trials in their life, how they work toward their goals, and how they find happiness.

What are some of your passions?

Writing, painting, reading, cooking… anything creative. I enjoy solving problems and reaching goals. I’m very passionate about sharing my life experiences in a way that can help others. If I had one overall passion it would be to improve the lives of women who have dealt with abuse at the hands of people that should have loved them unconditionally. I want every woman to know her worth.

How can bloggers write better?

Write daily, not just when you feel like it. Blog like it’s your job, and your natural voice will come through.

How much time do you spend writing?

During the week, I try and spend half my day writing, and the other half doing things like promotion, website maintenance, client “stuff” (like meeting new people, billing, etc.). I write every day although some days are lighter than others. Weekdays are all about my client and blogging work, and weekends are for poetry and fiction projects.

0 comments:

Post a Comment